Want to be in with a chance of winning The Agility Open?
Entries open February 1st 2019
WHAT IS THE CSJ AGILITY OPEN?
The CSJ Agility Open has been created in response to demand for a premier agility event unlike any other currently scheduled in the UK. It will give top level agility partnerships – and those aspiring to be – a unique opportunity to experience all the pressures of world-class competition, on appropriate and intelligently-designed courses, adjudicated consistently by qualified and experienced judges in a superb venue.
Test your agility ability with 14 runs over 5 exciting events including the CSJ National Championships, the Biathlon and the Pentathlon. Go all out for speed in the Steeplechase and practice your strategic skills to triumph in the Games Challenge.
“What a great competition and so well run! Credit to Greg Derrett and the team for keeping things going, providing such a great variety of classes, some more speed classes and some more consistency classes. Lower height dog walk and 500mm height all made for a great show. We had a great time over 4 days. This show is definitely already in my diary for next year!”
– Alan Wildman
The CSJ Agility Open is different because:
It is Open to All…
No membership or affiliation with any organisation is required in order to enter this event. It is open to all breeds of dogs aged 18 months and over and to all handlers, no matter at which grade they may run in other organisations.
…will be appropriate to the needs of agility partnerships competing at the top level, nationally and internationally. The event also provides a unique opportunity for ambitious lower grade handlers to experience all the pressures of world-class competition.
The CSJ Agility Open will only appoint British and International judges with proven ability and experience. They will not just work individually, but as a team, to create intelligently-designed courses which:
- Are appropriately challenging
- Test a wide variety of skills and abilities throughout the event
- Use logical minimum and maximum distances
- Are marked consistently according to clear and thorough rules and regulations that leave little or nothing to “judge’s discretion”
- Consider dog and handler safety as their highest priority
- Are great fun to run
The professional organisation…
…and staging of the event aims to replicate the atmosphere of the most prestigious international agility competitions. The CSJ Agility Open features:
- Management team that has successfully hosted agility events world-wide
- Excellent all weather surfaces so no rain delays, puddles or mud
- Tournament-style events with everyone competing to make the evening Finals
- Arena seating for everyone to come and support the Finals in comfort
- Commentary, music, dancing
- A licensed bar so you can grab a beer!
To find out more about the CSJ Agility Open Management Team, please click here.
Usually, having a fault…
…during an agility test means game over, but not at The CSJ Agility Open! The tournament-style classes mean you have another chance to qualify for the evening Finals.
Plus, Gamblers and Snooker classes will test your strategy skills as well as your agility ability.
- Affordable camping with optional electric hook-up available to all competitors
- Excellent catering offering a wide range of meals and snacks
- Licensed bar
- Trade stands
- No organisation affiliation and therefore open to all
- 4 jump heights (300, 400, 500, 600mm)
- Live results
- Live streaming
Addington Manor Equestrian Centre is one of the finest equestrian centres in the UK with an unrivalled range of facilities.
With 5 outdoor all weather arenas, enormous grass fields & 2 state of the art indoor arenas, we won’t be short of space.